Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Board



This two year adventure is coming to a close but it hasn't quite set in yet. On Sunday, for the first time in two years, I am having people over to my house. Not just any people, but some of the best people in my life right now. It's funny, Joel and I used to have dinner parties or potlucks almost once per month. Now I don't even know if I have plates enough for everyone! But I don't really care. I'm excited to share the end of my time in Ohio with some really great folks.

And to that end, this is not really the end of anything; but, the beautiful beginning of my art career-- a spring board into the future. I feel amazing (that massage I had today probably doesn't hurt either!). Over the course of two years, the work coming from my studio completely transformed. I never could have imagined I would be making such abstract work, let alone prints that are so large. But it all makes perfect sense to me know. I'm proud to have grown as an artist who stayed true to herself. This work is really me. And it's something I am really proud to show. Thanks to everyone who helped make it possible!

Here are some images from MFA exhibition, Passages & Interludes:


Installation view


Song of Birds, Collagraph Monotprint with wax, 32" x 79", 2011


Winter's Movements, Collagraph Monotprint with wax, 32" x 79", 2011



Walking and Weaving Sound, Collagraph Monotprint, 32" x 79", 2011



Sumac, Collagraph Monotprint with Wax, 8" x 8", 2011



Compliment: Sky; Atma: Soul; Sycamore: Earth; Flow: Water
All Collagraph Monoprints with Wax, 6" x 6", 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment