Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whirlwind

I had an amazing, busy and work-filled vacation to Wyoming. It solidified where I want to be in my life. I sit in sticky, humid Ohio writing this and thinking about how crisp the air is, how blue the skies are and what an amazing community of friends and family I have there. That's not to say Ohio is lacking in the community. I've got great friends here and my network continues to grow.

The opportunity presented itself to apply for a job back home. Not just any job, but my dream job. You see, this wealthy couple bought up a local dude ranch and have invested lots of bucks. One of their goals is to open an art center with a residency program. Funny, that's what I wanted to do someday down the line. I always thought it was years away and that I would move somewhere else sticky and humid to teach for awhile and gain some skills in the world of academia. Joel has always wanted to stay in the mountains but says he's willing to go somewhere else for awhile. There's a part of me that hopes he doesn't have to. I know it's a long shot but I already put in the application. Haven't heard back yet, but no need to rush. I still have my last year of grad school to finish!

I know several of my comrades also applied or at least were interested in the position. Good luck to us all; I know any one of us would be an asset to the ranch. And hey if I don't get the job, there's always time for a residency, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment